Saturday 16th December, 2017
- Provide necessary statistics to Government for the formulation of plan and policy.
- Collection, processing and analysis of data related to the socio-economic sector.
- Develop definitions and scientific methodologies for reliable data collection and implementation.
- Coordinate various data collection agencies and avoid duplications of efforts to generate the same statistics and develop consolidated statistical system.
- Investigation of various statistical sectors for the need of the Government and produce these statistics.
- Protection of statistical records.
- Investigation of new technologies in order to make more scientific, reliable and useful data collection, processing and analysis method.
- Coordinate with various agencies by maintaining consistency and uniformity for quality of national level statistics.
- Organize training, seminar and workshop on statistical fields at national and international level.
- Play advisory role to control and coordinate various statistical activities.
- Develop basic statistical manpower.
- Develop and implement the system to provide regular and reliable statistics through Branch Statistics Offices.